Do you need to deliver information in multiple formats or to diverse audiences with varying information needs? Do you need to support multiple platforms, or provide information in multiple languages? If so, your organization may be able to save time, reduce costs, and improve quality by implementing a single source workflow.
Single sourcing is a workflow that makes it easy to produce information in multiple output formats from a single set of source documents. For example:
- You can write content in an editing application like Microsoft Word or Adobe FrameMaker, and then deliver the content in print, PDF, HTML or XML for your web site, and as online Help for a software application. You write all content in your tool of choice (Microsoft Word or FrameMaker). When you're ready to produce one of the other output formats, you click a button, and the necessary conversion is performed automatically.
- You can create content in XML format—using a dedicated XML editor or an XML-aware editing application like FrameMaker—and then transform the XML to a variety of different formats, including print, PDF, HTML, and online Help.
Single sourcing isn't right for every project or every organization. We can help you determine whether single sourcing is right for you. For a free proposal and estimate, contact us today!
What We Can Do
- Help you determine if single sourcing is a good match for your requirements
- Implement a custom single source solution that fits your requirements
- Create and customize XML DTDs and FrameMaker EDDs and structure applications to support a single sourcing workflow
- Develop FrameMaker, FrameMaker+SGML, and Microsoft Word templates you can use as the basis for a true single source workflow
- Develop templates for WebWorks Publisher and WebWorks Publisher WordHelp that will let you single source content to a wide variety of output formats.
- Providing training on how to single source effectively
- Provide turnkey single source services